We went to the dump, what happened next was unbelievable.

So basically, I said that I was doing a school project and was looking for a smart drive washing machine motor, the people at the dump said cool and pointed over to where the old washing machines were. I had help from my dad to remove the stator, shaft and other bits to rebuild it into a generator at home.
I was able to do this successfully and the results were amazing. The one wheel was able to produce over 20 volts at just 1 turn a second! So, I decided to spin it as fast as I could. My multimeter showed the voltage produced. 130 VOLTS!!! If you were wondering, I was careful not to TOUCH it at the high voltage, but did have some fun at below 50, it tingles and pulses through the fingers. I blew a couple of LEDS and resistors with ease. This generator does produce 3 phase AC, quite confusing for some people like me. I am considering purchasing a 3 phase rectifier to convert this voltage into DC so it is easier to work with.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE: Putting our Water Wheel together!

UPDATE: Building the Water Wheel

QUICK UPDATE