Wrapping up - Stefan

In our project we planned to make a hydroelectric system that would produce convenient sustainable power. I think we made a good effort and were able to get quite far, however we did not finish within the time available. We will finish it later on because it is a worthwhile idea to utilise the free water from their stream.

Due to unavailability, most of the time we were not able to form our entire group out at Sams. This meant we could not collaborate at peak level on our project. I enjoyed doing the project because I learnt so much about sustainable energy and electronics. 

From this, my next steps are to build my own sustainable generator from a wind turbine, which I plan to power  mobile devices, TV, lights, speakers and laptops from. This is exciting for me but since I am busy at present I am going to continue my own project after exams. I also plan to build an electric bike from old laptop battery cells I have bought, a 250w hub motor and other components I will purchase.

I enjoyed the blogging process because it was fun putting videos together to show our work and cool to share it with others. I found our blog ended quite tidily although we lost a bit of our momentum because we weren't spending as much time on our waterwheel project. It was supposed to be a group blog and we were all meant to be contributing,  but that didn't seem to work out. Next time we should schedule our project so we can collaborate together fairly and share the work load.

I did find that the more I did the blogging, the better I became at it - although it began to bore me within several weeks. I learnt that to make our posts more interesting, clear intriguing images helped along with a good title. Using a good readable font with the black background also worked great.

Overall I thought this was a fantastic project because - for me it offered a great chance to learn, collaborate with others and it inspired me for future sustainable projects of my own.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE: Putting our Water Wheel together!

UPDATE: Building the Water Wheel

QUICK UPDATE